Sunday, May 08, 2005

Off to Europe

Well, I am off. My flight is from SFO tomorrow at 9:00 am, so I will be at the airport at the un-Godly hour of 7 am. My brother and I will land in Paris on the 10th around 10 am (we have a lay-over in Texas unfortunately; unfortunate because I try my hardest to stay away from that ultra conservative state that spawned our current President), there we will meet up with my friend Chris. I cannot wait. I have not had a month to do whatever I felt like doing since before I was 16 and old enough to work so this will be an incredible experience for me. I have felt so weighed down by work (I hated my job) and the monotony of life lately that I feel I have become a really boring person. Usually life exudes from my being but as of late I just talk about how shitty the world is and how there is no hope for enjoying one’s self unless you are not working and living on a beach somewhere with a lot of money. This trip, I hope, will change that mentality even though it is only one month away from work.

So, the itinerary is this:
Paris to Prague, Prague to Budapest, Budapest to Zagreb and down to Dubrovnik. From there we do not have any plans except that we need to get back to Paris by the 8th of June. I am thinking I will take a boat from Dubrovnik to Bari, Italy, and then head up to Rome for a few days. Of course, none of this is set in stone, the only hostel we have booked is Le d’Artagnan for the first night in Paris. After that we are free to do as we please. My brother has met a few people from Croatia and the Czech Republic online and has plans to go to a few Goa trance parties while we are there. I will probably not want to go to too many of those and instead get drinks with locals at a bar or club of some sort, but I think a few dance parties, intermingled with lots of drugs, could be fun a couple of times. There will be lots of pictures to post in June when I am back, and I will also have a journal full of thoughts and experiences to share with people at that time. I may post a little while I am out there at an internet cafĂ©, but probably not much. I will also not send out any mass e-mails updating how I am because I am only gone for one month and I doubt I will really be missed that much in such a short period of time.

No comments: